Agribusiness Customers—Save Time and Cut Costs with a New Program from SDG&E
San Diego Gas and Electric's Streamlined Ag Efficiency program can help you take advantage of available incentives and rebates for energy-efficiency improvements. SDG&E's program partner, Cascade Energy, has over 20 years experience helping farmers and growers become more energy efficient.
- Receive cash incentives and rebates for more efficient equipment
- Save on energy, natural gas, and water
- Get no-cost engineering recommendations and analysis to estimate savings and payback
- Irrigation pump variable frequency drives
- Adaptive refrigeration controls
- Cold storage fast-acting doors
- Ventilation fan motors and controls
- Greenhouse heat curtains and controls
Ways you can save
- Farmers producing oil seeds, grains, vegetables, fruits, trees, cattle, hogs/pigs, sheep, goats, poultry/eggs, and other crop farming or animal production
- Agribusiness customers involved in animal aquaculture
- Agribusiness customers involved in support activities for crop production, animal production and forestry
Who is eligible to participate?
How do I get started?
Please contact Customer Service Engineer, Jesse Monn. He will help you identify and evaluate opportunities to save energy, choose the qualifying measures to implement, and apply for incentives or rebates. After you purchase and install the appropriate equipment, Jesse will visit your site to verify equipment installation. Once complete, your incentive/rebate check will be mailed to you. Applications for incentives/rebates must be submitted by December 15, 2018.
Learn More: Call or email Jesse Monn today to learn more, or arrange a site visit.
Eligibility for Streamlined Ag Efficiency rebates and incentives is limited to customers of SDG&E on an agricultural rate schedule in the following NAICS industry groups:
- 1111 Oilseed and Grain Farming
- 1112 Vegetable and Melon Farming
- 1113 Fruit and Tree Nut Farming
- 1114 Greenhouse, Nursery, and Floriculture Production 1119 Other Crop Farming
- 1121 Cattle Ranching and Farming
- 1112 Hog and Pig Farming
- 1123 Poultry and Egg Production
- 1124 Sheep and Goat Farming
- 1125 Animal Aquaculture
- 1129 Other Animal Production
- 1151 Support Activities for Crop Production
- 1152 Support Activities for Animal Production
- 1153 Support Activities for Forestry
Other incentive programs are available for customers on other rate schedules. For more information please visit sdge.com/business or call 1-800-644-6133.
Rebates: Streamlined Ag Efficiency is a third-party program administered by Cascade Energy, Inc. It offers the same rebates as the Energy Efficiency Business Rebate Program. Descriptions of eligible products may be found in the Consolidated Project Catalog (pdf) at www.sdge.com/2016-energy-efficiency-rebate-program.
Incentives: Pre-approval is required prior to purchasing equipment. Do not purchase equipment prior to receiving an approved project agreement and notice to proceed. Savings estimates for large projects may require some form of case-specific measurement or monitoring by the Customer Service Engineer to verify savings prior to issuance of incentive check.
Streamlined Ag Efficiency provides technical assistance and financial incentives for qualifying equipment, but does not install energy systems or equipment. While savings estimates are reviewed for technical accuracy and are believed to be reasonably accurate, actual results may vary. Savings and cost estimates provided by the SAE program staff are for informational purposes only and are not to be construed as guarantees or design documents. Installation work is done by independent contractors with no relation to Cascade Energy, Inc.; these contractors are solely responsible for the quality and performance of their installations. In no event will Cascade Energy Inc. or SDG&E be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind in connection with energy savings estimates, installation of recommended measures, or with the operation of customer facilities.